RULES and APPLICATION FORM
Festival Ciné-Palestine Paris (FCP) launches the call for short narratives, documentaries and animation films to participate in its second Short Film Competition which will take place in Paris during this year’s edition (25 May - 3 June 2018). This competition is open to Palestinian filmmakers from all over the world.
This year’s competition is twofold:
- Official competition
- First Work competition
The competitions will be scheduled on two different days and each will be followed by an award ceremony.
Festival Ciné-Palestine aims at offering a quality selection of Palestinian independent, innovative and experimental cinema and visual artworks. FCP is devoted to offering a platform to Palestinian filmmakers from around the globe and actively supporting them.
- Official competition is open for all Palestinian short films, First-Work competition is open to first films only.
- Submission deadline is 15 January 2018
- No entry fees required
- Competition is open only to Palestinian filmmakers from all over the world
- Narratives, documentaries and animation films. No corporate films or video clips
- Films produced from 2014 onwards
- Short films that do not exceed 35 min in length, including credits
- Films that have not been exhibited on the Internet
- All films must have subtitles in English or French
- Directors are required to fill in the entry form for the intended category and are encouraged to provide a secure online link / screener (Vimeo or similar) for viewing purpose.
- Video (source files) format requirements: .mov, .mpeg-4, .mxf (HD not compressed). All other formats (DVD, Blu-ray, MiniDV, Betacam, etc.) will not be accepted
- The shortlisted films will be chosen and screened during the Festival (27 and 28 May 2018) Each screening will be followed by an award ceremony. If your film is selected you must provide us with an HD copy of the film on an external hard drive. All shipping charges will be at your expense
- Shortlisted films will be announced on 1 February 2018
- Official Competition Awards: a Best Short Award selected by a professional jury of 5 members and an Audience Award selected by the audience (27 May 2018)
- First Work Awards: a Best short selected by a professional jury of 5 members and an Audience Award selected by the audience (28 May 2018)
Any question or request for clarification can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org